WINTER SPORT SEASON INFORMATION GRADES 7-12
Boys: Basketball, Hockey, Nordic Ski, Wrestling
Girls: Basketball, Dance, Gymnastics, Hockey, Nordic Ski
WINTER START DATES:
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16th: First day of practice for the Dance Team and MS girls basketball
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23rd: First day of practice for HS boys Basketball and boys Hockey.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30th: First day of practice for HS/MS Wrestling, boys/girls HS/MS Nordic Ski and HS girls Hockey.
MONDAY, DECEMBER 7th: First day of practice for HS girls Basketball, and HS/MS Gymnastics.
MONDAY, JANUARY 4th: First day of practice for MS boys Basketball.
All athletes in grades 7-12 must do the following 3 things:
Must complete online registration here. This needs to be done once a year, if you registered in the fall please email or call Liz in the Activities Office to add your winter sport. (firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-616-2207.)
Have an up to date physical on file with the Activities Office. Physicals are good for 3 years from the date of appointment. Forms are available in the Activities Office or online.
Pay the activities fee for each sport: HS Fee - $75 MS Fee - $50
*Scholarships are available for Free and Reduced lunch qualifiers.
*These 3 things must be done before you are allowed to practice!
PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR PHYSICALS DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS IF NEEDED.
PHYSICAL FORMS ARE ON THE ACTIVITY PAGE UNDER PRINTABLE FORMS.
PLEASE TAKE THE FORM TO THE DOCTOR, WHEN COMPLETED, WE WILL NEED A COPY OF THE FORM.
PHYSICALS ARE GOOD FOR 3 YEARS.
We believe that:
- Participating in high school activities develops a positive attitude, good citizenship, sportsmanship, and a competitive spirit.
- Participants develop positive relationships with teammates, opponents, and coaches.
- Student activities provide a program whereby the safety and welfare of the participants shall, at all times, be paramount to the outcome of the contest.
- Participants learn the value of teamwork.
- Student activities provide lifelong learning opportunities.
- Students enhance physical, mental, and spiritual well being through participation.
- Conference membership will allow our students an opportunity for success.
- Student activities will provide equal opportunities for all students.
- The school will strive to provide quality facilities for all activities.
- Successes and failures that come through participation enhance one’s character.